Wednesday 17 October 2012

"Hi, Kettle...you're blackened."

I decided to heal Shado-Pan Monastery instead of tanking it since that place scares me with the shit healers I tend to get grouped with. Sparkbreath Girdle drops and since our tank was a monk and didn't wear plate, I rolled Need on it for offspec. Ret paladin in group also rolled Need, but he told me to take it. Monk says, "Healer, why'd you roll on that?" I told him it was for offspec since he didn't wear plate. He replies, "So according to you, I should roll on leather healing gear and take it away from healers that can use it." I told him "Like I said, I only rolled on it because YOU DON'T WEAR PLATE."

He was quiet until Gauntlets of Resolute Fury dropped. I saw the ret pally roll Need so figured I'd be fair and pass to him since I got something already. When I passed, tank says, "Oh, figured healer would roll on that, too." The ret pally said, "Obviously she's not as greedy as you think." He passed the gloves over to me. (What a nice guy.) The tank must have gotten madbro because he proceeded to chain-pull multiple groups that wiped us. Then I think he tried to vote-kick me once we got back inside because the rogue said, "Oh come on..." and the warlock said, "No, she's good." I tried to vote-kick him in turn but couldn't because as soon as we were all back in position, he kept chain-pulling again and not even waiting for mana. That whole can't-vote-kick-shortly-after-combat mechanic is infuriating sometimes.

We managed to get to the last boss and wiped on that, too, since the rogue and ret pally have never been there and didn't know they had to kill orbs. Of course, the asshat tank makes snarky comments like, "Wow, didn't think I'd have to tell people what to do" even though in the beginning of the dungeon, both dps admitted it was their first time. How would they already know what to do? The tank had the nerve to tell me, "It's people like you who **** this game up for everyone." But really, it's people like HIM that are guilty of doing that. Amirite?

3 comments:

  1. I swear LFD and LFR, while good tools when in the hands of most people, also allow total jackasses to get away with crap like this. Earlier I was healing on my baby mistweaver monk while my friend was brewmaster tanking, and some jackass warlock bitched my friend out and called him a "terrible tank" because his supposed 7-year-old niece hunter kept pulling stuff before my friend could get a chance to aggro it. Naturally when I called out his "niece" on her BS, he raged about it and proceeded to go into great detail about how myself and the tank perform certain homosexual activities with each other.

    It is people like THAT that **** this game up for everyone, not you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is why I don't do randoms. I just don't. It's not that I can't take criticism if I do something wrong, it's that 9 times out of 10, there's someone like *that* in the group. They ruin it themselves and then whine, whine, whine about everything while getting everyone killed with stupid rage pulls and boasts of "look how good I am, keep up with me". Or then it's the case of the green eye of envy -- I've gotten vote-kicked for having Skoll while the other hunter in the group didn't. Same with Loque'nahak during Ahune groupings. Conclusion? I don't do randoms unless 4/5 in the group are people I know, and a lot of my friends have begun taking the same route.

    As for the "why don't you know what to do?" questions, I suppose said tank was from a raid group and übergeared, because I really don't see anyone BUT hardcore raiders watching every single YouTube video on every single normal/HC instance before trying them out even once. I know I don't. Then again, I have *a life*.

    ReplyDelete